Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mary's Example For Me

Our window painting talents!!


Mary's Example For Me

I wanted to share a revelation God showed me.  I have been reading a book called, "Legacy of Faith" by Lydia Brownback.  I really have been enjoying this book. This book takes a look at biblical women and applies these women to women of today.   Amazing, while I was reading about Mary the mother of Jesus, I felt moved and realized God was speaking to me. 

Here are my notes as I read chapter 16; Mary:Attaching the Extra to Ordinary

-Two things that are necessary for doing great things for God: 
1. God chose me for salvation
2. I have a willingness to serve him in whatever and where ever He leads me.

-Joy comes from obeying God (am I obeying God?)

-Humility is important (am I humble?)

-Mary had: gratitude, joy, commitment, and humility
     -as she served God and God knew she could handle all what she would face as the mother of Jesus.  She watcher her son die,  She watched her son get made fun of, she watched her son get shunned, she watched her son serve His heavenly father. She felt overwhelmed raising God's son!
      -What I can see in Mary's example for me:  God equipped my heart and being to be able to handle watching my daughter die, to be able to handle watching her in the NICU until she could come home,  to be able to handle watching her turn blue,  to be able to stand proud of my special needs daughter,  to be able to be joyful in this trial I'd never dreamed I'd ever face.  God gave me commitment to Him and my family, joy unending in pain, humility as God gets all the glory, and gratitude that God picked my family to be Hannah's family and gratitude that God chose me to be Hannah's mommy!  God know I'd make the best mommy for her!  I have a thankful heart in the midst of the pain!

-Mary renamed faithful to what God called her too, even when she faced persecution because of her son Jesus and when her path became treacherous as Jesus' mother. God was with her every step of the way!
        -I have felt like my path to healing after Hannah's death has been somewhat treacherous at times. I have lost a very very close friend. Who told me my burden was to much for her to bear so I was not welcomed to lean on her for support as a friend. I also was told several really mean things that torn me apart inside.  But God has been faithful to me
        - I realized God rarely reveals ahead of time how He will provide for me in a hard situation or whatever I will face.  God will show me when the need arises and I will know how to depend of Him and He will be with me every step of the way.  It takes faith to go forward every step of the way. As Mary did when she found out she will be the mother of Jesus and when I found out my baby will not be a normal baby. 

-Mary was taken in as family by the disciple Jesus loved,  John.  Jesus knew Mary needed family and a son to love.  God provided for Mary in ways she would have never knew. 
      - I know God provided for me and bless me as I walk in His ways and walk through this painful time in my life as a mother to a child in heaven and a "saint who has gone before us to heaven" God's blessing to my family is greater and much better than we could ever imagine.
       -God will bless me in my obedience to His calling and His leadings. 

Luke 1:46-55

Mary's Song of Praise: The Magnificat

46 And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
50 And his mercy is for those who fear him
from generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with his arm;
he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
52 he has brought down the mighty from their thrones
and exalted those of humble estate;
53 he has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
54 He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
55 as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his offspring forever

Love, Sandi Kwant
 




1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Sandi, I'm so glad you shared these thoughts. I think I'll get a copy of that book too. Another thing Mary did, that I know you've done like I have with Lilly, is to "treasure" and keep "all these things" about Hannah in your heart. Praying for you ...

    ReplyDelete