Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The NG Tubes Gets Pulled Out: Day 45 (1/20/11)

Hannah holding Hannah! 

Terri Lynn's sweet friend Elizabeth!! 

Hannah and Molly!  Molly is one month younger than Hannah

I was trying to compare Molly 8lbs and Hannah so we could see her small size. 

Here is a better picture to see Hannah's little size compared to sweet Molly!

Such as sweet picture of Hannah and Molly!

Here is Olivia (almost 5 months), Molly, and Hannah! All three babies did not like this! They all ended up crying!

Terri Lynn wanted to hold Elizabeths baby!  She was so cute!

Here is Elizabeth holding Hannah and Terri Lynn holding Olivia


I am so glad I have this photo!  It is the only picture I have of anyone holding Hannah in her favorite postion. We had to bounce her too!  See video below!

Close up of bouncing Hannah position!

Daddy talking to Hannah!

Hannah,  We love you! 
Hannah and Daddy doing the Hannah bounce! 

The NG Tubes Gets Pulled Out

This morning as I was getting ready for the day,  Cassie comes to me in a very worried manner.  She tells me with tears in her eyes that Terri Lynn pulled Hannah's NG tube out of her nose!  Oh man my heart sank!  I need to feed Hannah now! And what to do?  What to do?  I tried to call my friend Marcie but she did not answer.  I thought I could take her to the Doctor office but that would mean like another hour or two wait to feed her!  I decided to tackle my fear and try to put the NG tube in to Hannah's nose and down to her stomach! 

I ran through my mind the steps I was taught on how to put her tube back in.  I called Rick to tell him to pray!   I just was so stressed I decided to close myself in my bedroom and not have the children watching me do this to Hannah!  I know the children were praying for Hannah and for me as I was working on this task.  I started to put it into Hannah's nose and she started to cry right away.  I got worried and pull it out again.  I gathered up my strength and prayed for God's help.  I tried again at least 2 more times.  I just kept getting worried as Hannah was crying that I was putting it into her lungs.  Finally I got it all the way in no trouble.  I had to work quick to get the tape on her face.  I also needed to check to make sure the tube truly was in her stomach.  I had to pull some air into her stomach and listen to the woosh of air go into her tummy with the stethoscope.  I heard the woosh the first time. Praise the Lord!  I started to cry and weep.  I felt so much stress and pressure to get that tube back in that I was so overwhelmed.  Once the tube was put back in I just let the tears come! I told someone that putting that tube in by myself was traumatic! 

Praise God I get it back in.  Here is the story of how Terri Lynn got the tube out.  Cassie was sitting on the couch with Terri Lynn sitting right next to Cassie and she was playing with the end of NG Tube.  Cassie stood up and Terri Lynn had the tube in her hand.  The tube stayed with Terri Lynn popped right out of Hannah's nose.  Cassie said Hannah cried a bit but not much. 

I called Rick to let him know:  the news that the tube in back in and how traumatic it was on me!  Then I sat down and fed Hannah.  Then we went on to do school.  At noon Hannah had a feeding therapy appointment.  She did not do well at this appointment because she was so tired!  She kept falling asleep as did not suck on the pacifier.  It was actually a waste of time to come to this appointment.  Oh well! 

My friends, Dalee and Meighan and their families came over for a visit.  Hannah got to meet Molly and Olivia.  I was really wanting a picture of Hannah with a baby so we could see how small she was.  We took a bunch of pictures!  Meighan and Dalee and I spent some time praying for Hannah!  What great friends I have! 

Thank you to Dalee, Rylee, Bradee, Nadalee, Lyndsee, Samuel, Hannah, Elizabeh, and Olivia and Meighan, Kolby, Ben, Julia and Molly for your visit!  I'm so glad you came to visit!  We so enjoyed your company!  Thanks for praying for Hannah, also! 

Ephesians 6: 13-17
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Love you Hannah,  Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment