Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Occupational Therapist's Good Report: Day 52 (1/27/11)

Beppe enjoying time with Hannah! 
Pake enjoying Hannah and Heidi enjoying Pake!
Pake and his granddaughter Hannah Grace!!
Pake and Heidi were having fun with how big Pake's hands were in compared to Hannah!
Another hand comparison!  Heidi really enjoying time with Pake!
Heidi and Pake doing the hand comparison!  I enjoy these pictures of the fun Pake and Heidi were having!
Pake and Heidi and Hannah having fun together!
Terri Lynn at this time was enjoying books so much.  She'd get a pile of books and then lay them out carefully and then she looked at each one of the books! 
Daddy getting ready for his birthday cake!
Daddy blowing those few candles out!  I love this very special picture with Hannah!
Occupational Therapist's Good Report

This morning Beppe made breakfast again and I slept in with Hannah!  I don't feel guilty either for sleeping in!  Especially since I have been up alot of the night with Hannah.  In the middle of the night when I have finished feeding Hannah and she is not ready to go back to sleep,  I could get frustrated and upset but I didn't.  I just decided I would not get upset, I would enjoy my time with Hannah.  So while Hannah was being bounced in my arms,  I'd clean the kitchen, write thank you notes, clean the school room, do a load of laundry, and anything that is not noisy and I can do one handed.  I have good memories of me and Hannah in the middle of the night and making the mental choice to not get mad.  I'd also stand in front of the TV or lay in the couch with Hannah on my chest bouncing her so she would be happy!  I'm thankful I never got mad or upset at her for not letting me go to sleep.  I say to all new mothers enjoy every minute with your sweet little baby as they grow fast and those special moments will be gone! 

Anyway, I never got to school today as I got up late and Hannah's Occupational Therapist, Shaun, would be coming at 11am.  Beppe really wanted to meet the therapist and see what she did with Hannah.  Once Shaun came Beppe was so interested.  Of course, I was so happy to let Beppe be apart of the therapist time.  We all sat on the carpet with Hannah in the middle.  Shaun was happy with Hannah's movements, she felt Hannah's movements were better.  She was also happy with her head control.  With Hannah we celebrate the little steps; and we all those little steps miracles! 

After Shaun left, Beppe and Pake needed to leave to get back to the farm.  We will miss them so much!  We love you, Beppe and Pake!  

Later in the afternoon, Dr. Levine called to talk about Hannah's test results from Children's.  The EEG showed no seizure activity. That was good news but we still don't know why Hannah stopped breathing a few weeks ago?  Maybe we will never know.  The hip ultrasound showed mild hip dysplasia.  Dr. Levine suggested we go see an orthopedic doctor at Children's.  We will be making an appointment soon to go. 

Tonight is the night Rick gets to have his birthday cake.  But he got a special cake.  It was a cookie cake! What a special time with daddy!  I love the picture of Rick holding Hannah and blowing  his candles out! 


Ephesians 6:10-20

0 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment