Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Breathing Seems Weird:Day 60 (2/4/11)

Hannah in my lap at home!  This is from my cell phone. 

Hannah's weight:  5lbs 14oz
Hannah's Height:  18in

Breathing Seems Weird

Today we did our normal school routine and feeding Hannah routine.  I am really getting all things Hannah and all things my family down and not feeling overwhelmed.  I'm sure it is because God has been with me all along the way. He is helping love being Hannah's mommy and all the special things I do for her!  I love my sweet baby.  As well as my older children!  I have been noticing Hannah's breathing is different.  I did tell Rick about it and he said I'm becoming a worrier. I usually am not a worrier.  Anyway, I am starting to feel stressed more and more over her funny breathing.  She seems to stop breathing for a few seconds which is not normal for her.  She sometimes seems a bit blue to me too. 

Hannah had a doctor appointment with Dr. Levine today.  After lunch I decided to run to Joann Fabrics so the girls came make some more baby blankets and pillowcases.   We picked out all the fabric got it all cut by a sweet lady we see about every time we go it.  She asked about Hannah and I told her all about Hannah and Trisomy 18.  I was a great conversation.  It make the task of waiting for the fabric cutting nicer!  When the fabric was all done being cut we went to wait in the other paying line.  I noticed Hannah was looking a bit blue.  I was so worried I started calmly rubbing her as I was taught in the NICU and praying alot.  I did not want the whole store be become worried for Hannah also and have and EMT come and help her.  My prayers helped as she started breathing without on worry for anyone.  I will never forget the fear the just pierced through me as I was praying for my baby to breath!  I told the fear to go away as God has His hands on her! 

Yesterday we received a handicapped parking permit.  Today we used it for the first time at Joann's.  I only really wanted to use the permit when I'd park at Children's hospital.  Today we used just for fun and the kids were all excited to use it.  Little did we know this would be the only time we'd get to use it with Hannah!
We then headed to Dr. Levine's office.  I had in my mind I'm going to talk to Dr about Hannah's weird breathing!  We get into the room, get weighted and measured, and wait for Dr. Levine.  He takes a look at Hannah.  Her coloring looks great.  Dr. Levine decided to put a pulse ox on her after I told him about her weird breathing.  Her numbers on the pulse ox were great (pulse ox is a machine that measures the oxygen levels in her blood).  Dr.  was happy how Hannah looked. He was a bit concerned that she is not gaining weight as good as he hoped.  He also gave her his own cell phone number with instructions to call anytime if Hannah is having trouble.  It meant alot to me that he'd give me his cell number.  (little did I know that I'd use it the very next day)  I felt  better after talking to him.  He said babies just do that weird breathing sometimes.  I've been so in tune to Hannah I notice every thing different.  I'm a good momma!  For the night I kept her on my chest I feel like having her on my chest helps her breathing to stay regular. 

We got home and did our normal evening routine and nighttime routine!  I love each and every one of my children! 

I Peter 1:6-9

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen[a] you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.   

Love, Hannah's mommy (Sandi Kwant)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this scripture...one to hold on to for the rest of this life on earth. "...for a little while.." seems so long to us...it seems like the rest of our life when you've lost your child. My husband shared something encouraging yesterdayand I hope out encourages you...the satellites that are in space have the best, most accurate clocks, yet they have to adjust these clocks every day, because in space, time goes faster than on earth. someday our long suffering pain wil not seem so engulfing and unending. Love you, Sister <3

    ReplyDelete