Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday! Hannah Grace! (12/7/11)

Here is how we celebrated Hannah's First Birthday.  She was not with us but we celebrated all the wonderful memories we had with her! What a blessing she was to our family!  (I wanted to make this day a day of good memories not a sad day for the kids)
 We all put together a gingerbread house. This was our first gingerbread house we ever did!
 We made this cool "Happy Birthday Hannah" sign!
 We remembered Hannah had a hook finger. We called it Hannah's famous finger.
 Nathan remembering Hannah's hook finger. Hannah's special fingers!
 Here is the special Happy Birthday Hannah sign. 
 Here is a close-up of what we put on the Birthday sign.
 Here is another close up of the Birthday sign.
 The girls made a very special layered birthday cake for Hannah's birthday.  It tasted wonderful! 
 Our special friends remembered it was Hannah's birthday and we were blessed with this beautiful boutique of flowers.  What a blessing to know people remember Hannah.
 We brought pink and yellow ballons to Hananh's grave.  It looked so nice. Everyone went and we met Rick there to bring the balloons. 
 Cassie's special balloon.
 Heidi's special balloon!
 Valerie's special balloon.
 Our family picture on Hannah's birthday.  (our tradition is to take a family picture on everyone's birthday)  Hannah is remembered in our family pictures is the brown pillow pet.  This pillow pet was the pillow I feed Hannah on.  She lay on this pillow as I pumped breast milk and she was fed with her feeding pump.  So this pillow is very special here at our house.
 For Hannah's birthday present. The kids got a small pillow pet of Hannah's special pillow pet.  Now the younger kids take turns sleeping with the little pillow pet. 
Here is a special sign we put together and brought to Hannah's grave. 


We did not spend this day in sadness but we rejoice in the blessing of Hannah.  She added such a richness to our family.  We miss her so much but look forward to the time we will see her again in heaven. 

Psalms 139:13-18

 13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[b]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You. 

Love, Sandi Kwant (Martin, Sam,  Cassie, Heidi, Valerie, Nathan, Terri Lynn and Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment