Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Busy Busy Day!: Day: 30 (1/5/11)

Nathan trying to feed himself like we feed Hannah Grace!

Terri Lynn feedling herself too!

I love this picture of Terri Lynn trying to feed herself like we feed Hannah Grace!  This is a treasure! 

Terri Lynn is also wearing a shirt the kids bought for her at the NICU gift store.  It says,"I'm a Big Sister!"

Hannah's Weight:  5lbs 1os

Busy Busy Day

Today was a very busy day with several appointments.  I'm not sure how we all got through this day with my sanity! Only by God's grace and help!  Here is the list of all we did today!

#1. Went to the learning center with Hannah, Heidi, Valerie, Terri Lynn, Cassie and Nathan.  Heidi, Valerie, Nathan all had classes.  The classes started at 9am until 12pm.  While I was at the learning center I pumped breast milk and fed Hannah in the bathroom.  I was able to use the private bathroom, I had no idea there was a private bathroom until I was talking to Melissa and she told me where to go.  I was getting all set up in the bathroom when one of the bus ladies saw Hannah.  She just was in love with Hannah.  She wanted me to take her to the lunch room so I could show her off some more.  This action by this strange really touched my heart!  Cassie helped me in the bathroom, she held Hannah in her arms while  the feeding pump pumped milk into her little tummy!  I sat on the ground pumping breast milk for Hannah's next feeding! 
At the learning center I sat and talked and shared Hannah until I had to teach my wrting class at 10am.  At my writing class I allowed my 3 students to hold Hannah for a bit.  Thank you to Jacqueline, Nathan, and Joetta for holding Hannah and loving on her for a bit!  I will never forget the day you got to hold her!

#2.  Hannah had a doctor visit with Doctor Levine at 11am (today Heidi and Valerie skipped one class at the learning center to go to the doctor with Hannah)!  She is gaining weight!  She is 5lbs 1oz!  She is doing so much better than Doctor Levine ever expected.  He was excited for us.  He said he was going to make a referral for Hannah.  He wants her to see an occupational therapist and a feeding therapist
(in the goal of getting her to suck from a bottle).  I was excited to hear that the doctor was actually going to help Hannah for a better quality of life!  Right after this appointment we race home so we can pick up Sam for another appointment.

#3.  Sam had an appointment at Children's Hospital in Seattle at 2 pm.  We had to race down I-5 go get to the hospital in time.  While I was driving Cassie hooked Hannah all up so she could feed Hannah her milk.  Cassie knew how to do all the steps in order to get Hannah fed properly.  Right after I get Sam checked at the doctors office.  I head to the nursing room to pump breast milk.  I usually pump at the same time as I feed Hannah but this time I could not pump while I drive to I had to do it there.  I was so lucky to get the nursing room all to myself!  I was so thankful for the nursing room.  One friend told me to just sit on the floor in the bathroom and pump who cares who comes in and sees you.  I was not ready to do that so a nursing room was an answer to prayer!  We got to show off Hannah Grace to Sam's doctor who ended up being Hannah's doctor in month also.  We love Sam's doctor! 

#4,  We drive home up I-5 during a very busy time.  Cassie was so good with Hannah in the car seat while we drive.  She had Hannah all calm.  I really needed to feed Hannah again while we drive but I wanted to wait so I could pump and feed Hannah on my lap.  I was needing my snuggle time with Hannah.  (Hannah was in the car seat too much today)  Anyway, I decided to have Hannah wait a half an hour to eat,  she was sleeping and doing good in the van.  So immediately when I walked in the house I started to get Hannah's feeding stuff ready and my pumping stuff ready. 

#5. relaxing at home.  This was a crazy day but it went so well.  I began to think I can get out of the house and I can survive! 

I Peter 5:6&7
 6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment