Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Friday, March 30, 2012

♥♥♥♥Cassie and Hannah Grace♥♥♥♥

                The Dark but Flashy Night
                                     by Cassie


I was putting my two year old sister Terri Lynn to bed reading her books. Then all of the sudden the dark room which was only lit by a small flashlight for reading suddenly became lit with red and white moving lights all around the walls. I was terrified. “Valerie what is that?” I asked (Valerie was in the top bunk of the beds) she replied “fire trucks, ambulances and police cars.” I jumped out of bed It was all so fast. I told Valerie to come and be with Terri Lynn who was not at all sleepy now from all the excitment. I remember glancing out the window to see snow falling and so many emergency cars of all sorts. Which packed the whole drive way up. It was so bright from all the lights but there was no sirens.
I went out of the room quickly, to see that there were a lot of fire men in our home. One of which was our nice neighbor he was the first one to come. I went further to see mom, dad, Martin, and Sam. Dad was holding Hannah in his hands, her clothes were all un snapped and she was pale. I went to ask mom what had just happened mom replied, “Hannah stopped breathing. I rushed to dad who was in bed, he jumped out of bed and had to do CPR to Hannah, while I called 911. Hannah started breathing just before the ambulance got here. Dad did it by himself with God's help. By God's goodness He didn’t take Hannah to heaven with Him just that night. We were all so thankful. So the fire men were talking with my parents. They decided it would be the best if they took Hannah to the hospital for some tests to see why this happened. Mom and Hannah went in the ambulance to the hospital. I watched from the bedroom window as they got in the ambulance slowly all the emergency vehicles left with there light flashing in the snow. Then my dad asked Martin to baby sit. Then my dad left for the hospital in the snow, too. On the way to the hospital mom thought it was funny because the ambulance driver didn’t know how to get to the hospital. Then after dad had left I went downstairs to my bed room and tell Heidi who was in bed. I asked her if she saw the lights; she said yes. But she had thought they had passed our house and went some where else because she only saw them a little. Then I told her the whole story of what just had happened. we were to grateful that mom and dad had learned to do CPR when Hannah was in the NICU.
I couldn’t go to sleep until I knew Hannah was ok, mom and dad finally come home. I went and held Hannah hugged and kissed her talked to her a little. Then I was relaxed and went to bed and fell asleep very quickly.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I think I know how you must have felt that night. When my youngest brother was a baby, he had rickets but we didn't know it. When he was a few months old, Mom was feeding him his dinner, and he suddenly stopped breathing, turned blue, and started seizing. It was very scary, and Dad had to do CPR. We children went to neighbors homes and then our sister took us. We didn't know how Levi was. He ended up being flown by helicopter to Children's Hospital, and thankfully God spared his life, but he almost died that night. We are so grateful! He is 7 years old now and such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete