Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Monday, March 12, 2012

Remembering Pregnancy From My Journal: October 2010

 Hannah's feet
 Hannah's face
Hannah's profile
Remembering Pregnancy From My Journal: October 2010

Dearest Hannah Grace, 
It has been 32 weeks of pregnancy with joy. I love every minute of pregnancy with you.  I never complain!  What a joy to have life inside!  I enjoy my doctor appointments,  I never have any trouble with pregnancy,  I enjoy talking about you.  I love you already.  The doctors are encouraging me to go to a hospital that has a NICU,  just in case if you need extra help it will be right there.  I'm not sure what we will do yet. Dad and I need to talk about it.  I just know I don't want to be at one hospital and you at another. 
We have an ultrasound scheduled soon at 32 weeks.  We will get to take a peek at you and see how much you have grown!  This ultrasound according to the doctors will tell them for more of a certain in their minds if you have Trisomy 18 or not. 
Well,  We went to this ultrasound, Dad went along too and all your brothers and sisters.  They all got to see you!  What a joy to have your siblings see you!  They are in awe of you!  What love they all have for you!  The ultrasound tech gave us pictures of you. They are so neat!  What a joy to have pictures of you!  When the ultrasound was complete we met with the genetic doctors again to tell us about the ultrasound.  Your brothers and sisters had to wait in the waiting room while mom and dad were in the special room. 
The doctors were really discouraged and said you were not growing properly.  They said you were small and growth is less than the average baby's chart would be.  They also told me I have extra amniotic fluid.  This shows the doctors that they believe you are not swallowing properly.  I learned something new today.  Babies swallow the amniotic fluid!  Hannah Grace,  I was a bit discouraged to hear this discouraging news about you but my faith is strong!  We told the doctors we still did not want an aminosentics.  Because it does not matter we still want you treated as if you are a healthy baby.  You are a Child of God!  Your life is valuable! 
I will be going for an ultrasound and no stress tests weekly because we want you treated as if you were a healthy baby in my womb.  I also will be getting a new Ob doctor.  I am praying this new doctor will be friendly and not judging my for my age, my family size and my choice for my baby! 

Love you sweet girl!
Mommy

Psalms 139: 13-16
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[b]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment