Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Remembering my Pregnancy: November Timeline (Nov 2010)

Remembering my Pregnancy: November Timeline (Nov 2010)

November 8:  I had an Ultrasound scheduled.  Valerie came with me.  I will take one or two kids along on all my appointments just so I feel like I'm with my precious family as I tend to my precious baby in womb.  While the ultrasound was being done the doctors came in to see Hannah and to see all the extra amniotic fluid in my womb.  The doctors were the Neonatologist (baby doctor) and the genetic doctor.  After the ultrasound, I met with both doctors, they both explain the seriousness of a Trisomy18 baby and also they are more certain that my baby does have Trisomy 18.  They asked me again if I wanted my baby treated like a normal baby.  I said yes,  we don't know for sure she has Trisomy 18.  They asked me how long do you want CPR done on your baby when she is born not breathing!  I could not answer that question.  They told me all the negative things about you. Valerie hear it all and she also heard my love for her baby sister.  She knows God has Hannah in His hands.  I still believe Hannah will be a healthy baby.  Since I wanted my baby treated as a normal baby they wanted me to do a Non-stress test.  So right away I went down the hall to get set up for a non-stress test.   The non-stress test was easy but frustrating because the nurse kept forgetting about me. Hannah proved to not be in stress a long time before the nurse unhooked me.  To pass the time Valerie and I took alot of pictures of each  other. Valerie and I went home together and talked on the way home.  I love you!  Valerie!
 Valerie came along
 First Non-stress test
Valerie took this amazing picture


November 15:  Sam and Nathan came along this time.  I have 3 appointments all scheduled back to back.  First, was the ultrasound; second, OB doctor check up;  third, Non-stress test. 
It was a busy day down at Providence medical center but it is worth it to me to make all the appointments on the same day so I only make one trip. 
My ultrasound things look good no change, still alot of fluid.  The technician did a 3D ultrasound for us just because,  Nathan and Sam were amazed.  They got to see Hannah's face so clear!  Nathan and Sam talked about the ultrasound all day long!  Amazing to see!  The only problem was the printer for the 3D ultrasound would not print any pictures! I was sad but at least we have pictures on our minds.
My doctor appointment went well.  While I was in the doctor office, Sam and Nathan went exploring the building.  Dr, Albrect said Hannah's head was down that was good news to me! 
My non-stress test went really fast!  Nathan and Sam came prepared to take a long time.  They brought along cards to play war with,  Hannah is doing good in my womb!  Praise God!
Sam waiting!
Nathan waiting! and having fun!
November 23:  Appointments canceled because of snow! ultrasound, non-stress test and doctor

November 26:  Rick came along to my appointments today.  I felt better that Rick was driving as there was still snow around in places.  I had an ultrasound and non-stress test scheduled and also a tour of the NICU.  We asked the technician to do a 3D ultrasound again. Rick really wanted to see a 3D ultrasound.  It was cool but Hannah's face never came in a clear view as she did for Nathan and Sam.  It was ok though Rick still got to see amazing things on the 3D ultrasound.  After the ultrasound, we met with the maternal fetal doctors again.  They once again wanted to know how long we wanted CPR done on our baby when she is born not breathing!  I have been getting to the point that I do not like the Maternal Fatal Doctors!  I then had a non-stress test. Rick was really bored and was ready for the non-stress test to be done with.  He really wanted the nurse to get us out of here right away.  It took a bit longer for the test to be done but that is ok.  Hannah passed and she is not under stress!  Praise God!
We then got the pleasure of touring the NICU.  Donna from our church works there and she happened to be working today.  She showed us all around and answered a bunch of our questions.  I was a amazed at the little protected world in the NICU. 
This is the coolest 3D ultrasound picture ever!
Another view of her face
I love 3D ultrasounds!
November 30: Today Cassie, Heidi, Terri Lynn came along on all 3 appointments.  (Heidi's time with me was supposed to be the day daddy went with or the snow day, she was bummed she did not get to go alone with me but she understood how things just happen and we need to be flexible)
First was my doctor appointment,  it was a new doctor and I did not really like him.  He was too serious,  I am dilated to 2 1/2-3. 
The ultrasound was good but the lady couldn't get the 3D ultrasound to work.  Heidi and Cassie were really disappointed. 
The non-stress test was a bit stressful.  The test took longer than normal.  Hannah was sleeping in my womb.  They wanted Hannah doing some movements before I could go.  The nurse put a thing to my belly and woke up Hannah! Poor baby she started moving alright!  They scared her!  I also did not care for this nurse,  she did not have patience and was rather irriated with Terri Lynn.  Then Terri Lynn spills the juice she gave her.  I was stuck on the table and couldn't clean it up.  Cassie and Heidi did great helping Terri Lynn,  She al least found a dolly to play with.  Hannah passed the non-stress test once again!  Praise God!
Hannah's ultrasound!

Cassie, Heidi and Terri Lynn waiting for the non-stress test to be done

The dolly Terri Lynn got to play with
This is how I felt I was being in the world of the Maternal Fatal Doctors, Ultrasounds, and non-stress tests:
Matthew 5:14-16
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Love, Sandi (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment