Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Remembering My Pregnancy: December Timeline (December 2010)

Ready to go to the hospital

Remembering My Pregnancy: December Timeline (December 2010)

December 1:  I get a call from the doctors office telling me they have scheduled my induction for December 2 and I need to be at the hospital at 7pm.  I was shocked.  There was no talk from anyone that I was going to be induced when I went to the doctors yesterday.  I told the nurse I will be calling her back after I talk with my husband and my mom and dad (who will be staying the the kids while Hannah is in the hospital).
After talking with Rick and mom and dad, we decide that we just need to do what the doctors suggest for the health of Hannah and I.  The doctors are so worried about me and the so much extra fluid I have in my womb. 

December 2:  Today mom and dad came so they could care for the rest of the children.  They had specific instructions to bring the kids to the hospital right way tomorrow morning.  We did not know If Hannah would be born alive and we want all the children to have the chance to hold her whether she is born alive or not.  They need to be there for our families sake.  I know my mom and dad will have the kids there as soon as they can. 
Rick and I leave for the hospital to be induced, after mom snaps a picture of me ready to leave.  I get hugs and kisses and we are off.  I know we are covered in prayer.  I was nervous as I really don't like being induced and the whole not knowing how my baby will be.  I trust God has her in His hands. 
We get to the hospital,  everything is new to me as I have never delivered in this hospital before.  I get all signed in and great all settled into my room.  I get dressed in the hospital gown.  We get all ready and wait and wait.  The nurse comes in and gets an IV started.  We continue to wait.
Then the doctor on call who was supposed to induce me comes into my room.  She proceeds to tell me that she can not induce me.  She has read my chart and she reads I am not to be induce no sooner than 1 week before my due date.  It is not one week before my due date today.  She says this is to protect Hannah and give her best chance.  So I need to come back on Tuesday, December 7 at 8 am.  Then I will be induced. 
Ok so I the IV out,  I get dressed and walk out of the hospital. Rick and i decided that we are hungry so we stop on the way home at Taco Time.  I called home to tell them we'd be home, Rick called his mom and his co-worker.  What a shock it was! 

December 2-6: Rick went to work again for the days he could.  I spent the days with my mom and dad doing things, getting ready for when Hannah would come.  Everyday and Every hour I worried my water would break or I'd go into labor.  I just plugged along everyday waiting patiently. 

December 7:  12:30am labor starts!  I don't have to be induced!  To be continued

Joshua 1:9
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Love, Sandi Kwant  (mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment