Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeding Hannah Away From Home: Day 41 (1/16/11)

Hannah, mommy and Terri Lynn sleeping together after church!

Daddy giving Terri Lynn a needed diaper change!  So cute! 

Feeding Hannah Away From Home

Today is Sunday. Since I have the breast pump which is battery operated, I decided I could go to church and Sunday School.  I would just spend some time in the van pumping and feeding Hannah! 

As we all got ready for church I made sure I had all my pump supplies and Hannah's feeding stuff along.  We had to be out of the house by 9am.  As I was calculating Hannah's feeding every 3 hour feeding schedule,  I realized I needed to feed Hannah right when I got to church during the Sunday School hour. 

We arrived at church I was thinking of just staying in the van with Hannah but I thought I'll go into church maybe there will be a more comfortable place to feed Hannah and pump breast milk for Hannah. 
I get into the nursery and sit down a bit and Danielle comes in and talks with me.  I told her I needed to feed Hannah, she offered to help me.  She wanted to hold Hannah while I did my pumping.  What a great idea for my friend to help me and also she gets to enjoy my special baby!  I got Hannah all hooked up and hung the feeding bag from the window with tape!  Hannah was all set up being fed in the arms of my sweet friend Danielle! 

While Danielle is feeding Hannah,  I told her I need to pump.  But it is hard to be modest while you pump!  She told me to go into the bathroom which is connected to the nursery and sit with the bottom of the door closed and the top of the door open.  I thought what a great idea. I can visit and feel modest at the same time!  So I sat on the toilet, got all my pumping things working. I get comfortable and start talking with Danielle! What a great time visiting with Danielle.  Hannah was blessed by Danielle and I was blessed by Danielle's help and I'm sure Danielle was blessed by Hannah! 

After church, we headed to grandma's house,  since I have the battery operated breast pump, I can pump in the van and feed Hannah while Rick or Martin is driving.  That is what I did on the way to grandma's house! We had lunch at grandma's house (Rick's mom).  It was a nice time and a delicious lunch!  We did not stay too long so I could get home and feed and pump for Hannah in my comfortable and normal spot. 

I was so tired in the afternoon, after feeding Hannah and after pumping, snuggled with Hannah and Terri Lynn and we took a nap together on the couch!  We all fell asleep!  It is amazing I actually took a nap. I am not a nap taking person! 

Rick also got the pleasure of changing Hannah's diaper!  Hannah was challenging to change as her hips did not work properly and we had to be careful so not to hurt Hannah.  I'm so thankful that Rick took the time to change her diaper! 

Exodus 20:8-11
 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
 9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
 10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
 11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Love you Sweet Hannah,  Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment