Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Feeding Appointment: Day 37 (1/12/11)

Martin snuggling with Terri Lynn

Hannah being fed in her carseat out and about!

First Feeding Appointment

Today is a busy day.  We just continued on after Hannah's scare yesterday!  She is acting totally normal for herself.  I had to teach my class at 10 am.  It was a feed Hannah in the bathroom while I pumped breast milk for her.  I tend to plan my day around Hannah's feedings every 3 hours.  I try to make sure I am awake at the right time so I can get Hannah fed in between appointments.  So far I'm getting good at it! 

At 1pm, Hannah had her first feeding therapy. It was at the Children's Therapy Program located at the Skagit Valley Hospital.  I was so excited Hannah got referred to feeding therapy.  The goal of her feeding therapy is to get her to suck and feed on her own (no more feeding tube!!!).  Rick came along to this appointment and both Rick and I were very impressed with the feeding therapist.  You can tell she loves children.  She was so proud of Hannah when she sucked on a pacifier.  Here is Hannah's homework: Have Hannah suck on a pacifier every time I feed her so she starts to see the sucking fills her tummy.  That is what we will be doing.  Hannah tires easily so she didn't suck very long for the feeding therapist. We need Hannah to have her suck instinct back.  I am happy to work with Hannah to help her quality of life to be so much better!! 

At 2:45 pm, I had an appointment with my nathropathic doctor.  I needed to get my thyroid levels checked as after I have a baby usually my thyroid levels change.  So far everything is good. I was so proud as I showed Hannah off to Dr. Bachman!

WE LOVE YOU, HANNAH GRACE KWANT!!!!

Joshua 1:9
 9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Love you Hannah! Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment