Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Kids Come Visit Their Sister!: Day 63 (2/7/11)

Hannah's face all plastered with stuff!
Her fingers
Daddy's hand on Hannah!  She is sleeping so nicely!
Close-up of her sleeping!
Nathan holding his sister!  This was the last time he got to hold her!
 
Hannah in Nathan's arms!
Martin's last time he got to hold Hannah!
Hannah in Martin's arms!
Terri Lynn holding Hannah!
Terri Lynn was so proud holding her sister!  Little did we know this would be her last time!
Heidi holding Hannah Grace!
Heidi loved her sister so so much!  She really misses Hannah!
Hannah in Valerie's arms!  Valerie is so thankful she did hold Hannah this one last time.  She would have been really sad if she did not hold her!
Valerie so happy to have Hannah in her arms.  Valerie really misses her baby sister!
Cassie with Hannah in her arms for the last time!  Cassie so much enjoyed Hannah!
Sister Love!
Sam holding Hannah!  He is such a great big brother!
What a blessing to have Sam holding Hannah this last time. 
Brother loves sister!
Hannah in grandmas arms!
Hannah getting her blood gases checked!
The Kids Come Visit Their Sister

In the middle of the night I just had this strong feeling that we need to get the kids here to see their baby sister.  When Rick woke up I shared my strong feeling that we need to get the kids here!  Yesterday grandma did not want to bring the kids to the hospital so we were worried she would not want to do that today.  Rick gave a call to grandma and told her the kids will be coming today. Either Rick will come get them or Martin will drive down.  Grandma decided she would go too with Martin driving.  I felt better to know the kids were coming.  Hannah needed her siblings she was used to them!  I'm sure she missed them!  My agitation relived a bit to know the kids were coming. 

I did not get to finish my breakfast when a transport nurse was in Hannah's room to take her to her EEG test.  I got permission to carry Hannah but her crib needed to come along so Hannah could stay hooked up to Oxygen.   Rick walked along he was hoping to be able to be in the room with Hannah and I for the EEG test.  The nurse said probably not but you could try.  Once we got to the EEG room, the tester said Rick could not come in.  He decided to go eat breakfast and then head to the room and wait up for us to come back.  The test went well, Hannah slept good and she cooperated prefect.  And it was not stressful for me.  She got all the probes on her head as she had 2 weeks earlier.  I sat with her in my arms in the rocking chair.  The nurse sat in the room and watched Hannah and I and entered things on the computer in the room. The transport nurse also stayed in the room.  She was responsible for Hannah and needed to be there for her if she stopped breathing!  I was amazed at her commitment to Hannah's well being!  The transport nurse took us back to Hannah's room.  Hannah got feed so after she came back and soon after lunch came for me. 

As I was eating lunch the kids showed up with grandma!  Martin drove all the way to Children's in the family van!.  I did not eat all my lunch but I had had enough.  (I wish I had eaten more as that was the last meal I had for over 24 hours).  Each of the kids took turns holding Hannah!  Some were a bit intimidated by the IV and Oxygen and hospital gown.  I just encouraged them to hold her.  I don't know why but I felt they needed to hold her.  (I know God gave me this prompting).  It was so good to see the kids and hug and hold them and talk with them.  I missed my older children!  My heart was full of joy having my children finally visiting Hannah!  She was so much at ease in the arms of her siblings. 

About an hour after the kids arrived the Echocardogram technician arrived.  She needed to get and echocardogram of Hannah's heart.  We all watched for a bit but the technician was getting agitated with all of us here and the noise she seemed so sensitive too.  (I did not like her attitude that her being was putting off she was not pleasant at all)  Anyway we decided to go in to the family room down the hall.  The kids had brought Rick and I our favorite drink so we put them in the refrigerator there. ( we did not get the drink them either).  I'd go see how things were going with Hannah and the testing.   The lady never acknowleded me when I can in the room.  She seemed frustrated with having me there.  I came anyway she was my baby!  I'd so back to the familiy room and 10 minutes later I'd go back and I'd bring one of the kids with me.  Finally after what seemed like forever the testing was done.  We could hold Hannah again!  Grandma got to hold Hannah too! 

The kids were with us and Hannah for about 3 hours.  It was about time for time for them to go home.  I was sad to see them leave but I was also so thankful that they came!  Rick walked them out to the van, I stayed with Hannah!  I was needing to hold her now.  I love having Hannah in my arms! 

I will continue this days information on my next post as the rest of the day takes a huge turn around for Hannah and our lives forever!

Psalms 73: 25-28
 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
That I may declare all Your works

Love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

1 comment:

  1. I was crying the by time I finished reading this post, knowing what is coming. But so thankful you got all the pictures with Hannah and her siblings. May God continue to comfort you all!

    ReplyDelete