Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quiet Sunday at Children's Hospital: Day 62 (2/6/11)

I did not have my camera but I wanted to take pictures of Hannah so the next few pictures are with my cell phone.  Until Rick went home to get a few things and my camera
Her face is so sad with all the stuff plastered on her face!  Poor thing but she never complained unless she was not in your arms.
Hannah in daddy's arms. 
Hannah all happy with daddy!
This is a sweet picture of Hannah but it makes me sad to look into her eyes.  She looks so sad.  She wants to go home!
Hannah looking at mommy!
Hannah in her stylist hospital gown!  She is laying in her bed to at Children's!
Her sweet feet!  See her name tag.  She had an IV start but it was not hooked up it is there for just in case.
Hannah in her bed at Children's. She did not spend much time in this bed!  Mostly in someones arms she was!
Hannah's getting tired!
Hannah's sweet hand!
Close-up of her feet!
Hi Mommy!  I love you!
Here is a letter Sam wrote to Hannah!
Cassie's card inside!
Cassie wrote this card for Hannah! 
Heidi wrote this card to Hannah!

Quiet Sunday at Children's Hospital
Today is Sunday and it is the big Super Bowl Sunday.  We a
re sitting in Children's Hospital and my children are being watched by my mother in law.  I was a bit sad today as my mother in law did not want to bring the kids to see their baby sister.  I had to forgive her but it was a struggle for a bit.  Anyway since the kids did not come to see Hannah, and mom and dad.  Rick decided he needed to go home and get a few things.  My first request was my camera.  I told him I needed to take pictures of Hannah.  We just don't know how long we will be blessed to have her.  Anyway my second request was my laptop so I could update my prayer warriors and friends on how Hannah was doing here at Children's.  I'm not sure what Rick wanted but it was ok, I wanted my camera. 
The doctors came into today.  The doctor was Sam's doctor here at Children's she made meet Hannah.  It gave me such peace of mind to have a familiar face walk through the door.  And it was Hannah's doctor.  She knew I'd be ok with whatever we needed to do to get Hannah at home.  If that meant Oxygen at home, we were ok with it.  We decided to do a couple test tomorrow and then we'd go home with Hannah on Oxygen at least for the time being.  The test were a EEG, to check again for seizure activity that may cause her to stop breathing and then a ECHO cardiogram to check to see how her heart is doing.  I felt good after Dr. Bruener came and left. 
After lunch (I got all meals in Hannah's room because I'm a nursing/pumping mommy), Rick left to go home and get the things we wanted.  I just sat with Hannah in the chair in her room and did not move the whole time. I sat and watched this show How Its Made.  The item shown how it is made was lunch meat.  I decided there  with Hannah in my arms that I would no longer be eating lunch meat.  It was so gross to see how it was made. 
When Rick got back, he had a few notes made and drawn by the kids to Hannah.  I taped them to the wall in her room while Rick was holding Hannah.  Hannah loved being in someones arms!  We loved holding Hannah! 
Rick told me Martin was going to the Super Bowl Party with the youth group at church.  I was good with that.  We sat and watched the Super Bowl Game while sitting with Hannah in my arms and sitting next to Rick.  My older children were safe at home with my mother in law.  I started to have thoughts of I wonder what they are having for dinner.  I would what they are doing.  I was missing my children.  I was hoping also that my mother in law would not do to much damage to my house.  I guess I was more worried about Hannah though.  I had to stop my mind from worrying.  Satan loves those worrying thoughts!  I had to fight against those not so nice thoughts
We stayed with Hannah all evening.  Then around midnight Rick tried to lay down and go to sleep.  I tried a few times during the night.  Whenever Hannah made I noise I was right there. She was not used to sleeping by herself yet I was so tired I needed to sleep a bit.  (but only for a bit)

James 1:2-8
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment