Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Blessing of Friends and Visitors: Day 17 (12/23/10)

Rick's Aunt Jill comes to visit.  Aunt Jill  was always so good to come visit.  She was so supportive as we faced having a special needs child.  We love you, Aunt Jill!

Lyndsee came to see Hannah!  Lyndsee is very special to our family!
Nadalee came to see Hannah in the NICU and the nurses thought she was Hannah's sister so they didn't mind her coming in to see her.  At the time we did not know only siblings were allowed in the NICU to see the babies in there.   Oh well!  Nadalee is a special friend to our family!   Nadalee gave me one of the most special gifts I have ever received.  She had made a scrapbook of all the pictures she had of Hannah.  I treasure this special gift!                                         

Dalee is my very good friend.  She was very supportive.  She helped me stay positive and helped  me keep my  focus on God and not the fears that kept knocking on my doors with all the we faced with Hannah. 

The Blessing of Friends and Visitors

Hannah was so cute tonight but a little frustrating to me.  I enjoyed her so much but I was also tired!  What she did was she was very contently awake for 1 hour looking around!  The good thing was she was so cute and I treasure all the cuteness I can get but the bad thing was she was a awake so I am awake.  So when I have to feed her every 3 hour and it takes close to 1 hour to feed her and then she is awake for another hour of it. That means I only get 1 hour of sleep then I must awake up to feed her.  I know it was God but I really didn't feel tired during the day. 

I had a friend offer to give me breast milk for Hannah. I had to time to run down south to pick up this milk so she offered to ship it to me in a cooler.  Today it arrived and the milk was still frozen.  What a blessing this was to me and to Hannah.  Thank you so much!

Today was the first day we had a lot of visitors.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  I love people and I love visitors and I love to talk and visit.  I love sharing Hannah into the arms of my friends and their children. I felt like I was blessing others by sharing my baby.  Hannah was so little and what a blessing to me to see her blessing my friends.  Wow, I feel so much support from friends and family.  We have received so many meals, cards, gifts, emails, messages and visits.  We have felt so much love and prayers.  God has truly blessed us with awesome friends and family.  I thank God everyday for all my friends and family. 
Thank you to Aunt Jill, Jennifer, Simon, Sabina, Yohan, Dalee, Nadalee, Lyndsee, Olivia, and Julie Good for your visit.  We are truly blessed to have you love on us and our family. 

Proverbs 18:24
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

In Christ's love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment