Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Monday, July 11, 2011

Hannah's Very Calm Day! Day 5 (12/11/10)



Hannah Grace Kwant 5 days old. She is doing so good!  We are so thankful God has been watching over her and our family!  We love you!

Sam made this bowl for Hannah.  I  put her socks and headbands in it.  He used the time sitting in the waiting area to finger knit a long cord. Then Cassie and Sam sewed the cords together to make this bowl.  What a neat thing for Sam to give Hannah!

Here is Sam with Hannah and her new hand made bowl!


Hannah's famous hook finger!  Her fingers were so special and unique!   Her right hand finger only opened up into a hook. The kids have so much fun with Hannah's hook finger. 

Terri Lynn holding Hannah all by herself!

Big brother Martin is so proud of Hannah!  He loves her so much!

Valerie holding up Hannah's hook finger!

Nathan loving on Hannah

Valerie is so proud of Hannah too!  You can see it on her face!

Valerie telling Hannah how much she loves her!

Hannah's weight: 4lbs 1oz
Hannah's nurse: Am: Krista, Pm: Suzanne

Hannah's Very Calm Day
Today was the most calm and relaxing day we had yet.  I spent 2 hours doing Kangaroo Care with Hannah!  I fell asleep with Hannah snuggled into my chest.  I just loved this time with her. Such closeness with my sweet little Hannah.  As a mother this time I just looked forward to in the morning and the evening. 
At the Care Team meeting the doctor wanted more calories added to my breast milk so Hannah can put on weight faster.  We will be adding Enfacare to my breast milk.  I'm OK with this and want the best for Hannah. 
Hannah had a huge poop today.  We rejoice the little things!  Ha Ha! 
The kids came and enjoyed Hannah so much! 
What a blessing Hannah is to our family.  God chose our family for Hannah.  What an honor for God to chose our family for this special needs person!  I am so joyful to be a mommy to Hannah.  Thank you Lord that you chose me as Hannah's mommy!   I trust you Lord that you will help me to be the best mommy to Hannah ever!

Proverbs 3:5&6
 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;
        In all your ways acknowledge Him,
      And He shall direct your paths.

In Christ's Love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment