Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Day Before Christmas: Day 18 (12/24/10)

Hannah Grace!  We love you!

Hannah in my arms in front of the Christmas tree.  I'm so thankful for all the pictures I have with Hannah!

Hannah's weight:  4lbs 9oz! Michelle's scale


The Day Before Christmas
I know this is silly but hey It's a memory , we treasure every memory!  Hannah had another blow out today.  This time her blowout was bigger!  Her poop made it on to the blanket she was wrapped in.  The blanket was one Valerie made for her and gave her in the hospital. Here it is the picture to remind you of the blanket.  Valerie really thought it was so funny for Hannah to do that on the blanket she gave.  I'm thankful for a very funny memory.      

Valerie and the blanket that she made for Hannah.

Today is Thursday, the day before Christmas. I want to share a Christmas tradition that our family does each year for the month of Christmas.  I know this tradition is very unique and special.  This is now the tradition came to be.  During the Christmas on the year 2002,  we were moving out of our house and into a rental and putting 80% of our stuff into a storage unit until our new house would be ready for us to move into it.  We were to move out on Dec 23. But all month long I was making trips to the storage unit bringing things we would not need for a couple of years.  Of course our Christmas stuff was part of the stuff that would be put in the storage unit. Yikes!  How can we make Christmas special, while we were so busy moving and packing? I was just trying to think of ways to make Christmas and our move extra special.  I thought of hiding each child's stocking somewhere in the house.  So each night before I went to bed I'd hide the stocking with something very little inside of the stocking.  Then each morning the kids would run around the house looking for the stocking with some sore of treasure inside.  I would start hiding the stockings December 1 and end December 25.  This is how the tradition began and is a favorite for the whole family. 
The tradition of hiding stockings had a rough spot when Hannah was born on December 7 and  while she was in the NICU for another week.  I had  asked Sam to be the stocking filler and hider while I was gone in the hospital with Hannah (at the time we did not know how long we'd even be in the hospital).  Sam was willing to do this for however long that he needed  to.  Heidi, Valerie, Cassie and Nathan also took turns choosing their own things to put in the stockings as gifts to their siblings.  When Hannah, Dad and I got home from the NICU,  I was again in charge of the stockings and, I would try to remember to make sure the stockings were filled and hidden.  Usually I did remember because I love filling the stockings and hiding them.

This is a special memory:  the kids even made Hannah a stocking and put things in her stocking.  My children are so giving and they love each other so much!

Thank you to Leslie for your visit!  What a blessing your visit was to us!

Romans 12:3
 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

In Christ, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment