Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hannah's Day 4 (12/10/10)

Hannah's favorite day nurse Krista

Pake gets to hold Hannah for the very first time.  He was scared to hold her because he had a bad cold.  I told him, " Dad you have to hold Hannah, I don't care if you have a cold, We just don't know for day to day how she will be.  It is important to me that you hold your granddaughter."  He so much enjoyed his time with his very special granddaughter


Hannah was so cute!  She was so sweetly looking around and moving her arms around.  This was the first time she just looked around at things.  It was so cute. I even have a video of it!

Loving Hanah!

Daddy and his little peanut!

Hannah's Weight:  4lbs 2oz
Hannah's Nurses:  Am: Krista, Pm: Suzanne


All About Today
7-9am:  Kangaroo Care with Hannah while pumping breast milk (I'm talented I know! I just want to hold Hannah as much as I can!  She is my precious baby and I love her so so so much! 
9-10am: Enjoying sweet Hannah! 
10-11am:  Hannah's first hearing test!!  I was so frustrated.  The hearing test lady was so irritable about everything!  I was ready to just grab my baby away from her and never let her test again.  Hannah did not pass the hearing test in both ears. Oh well!  Nathan our 5y did not pass his hearing test when he was a baby either.  We just had to go back to have him retested a couple weeks later.  To me I figured we can get Hannah's ears tested later.  I also was just so frustrated with the tester!  I have to say I never complained about anyone the worked with Hannah ever except for this lady.  I was jumping for joy when the lady walked out of Hannah's room with her big machine.  No matter what, Hannah dear, we love you.  You are perfect in God's eyes!  We have unconditional love you for sweet one!
11-12am:  At our care meeting we met the social worker who would be helping us get all the stuff we needed for home.  Her goal was to make sure we could get home the day the doctors said, "it's OK" to go home.  We really liked this lady.  At first we were a little leery of this lady the title "social worker" kinda scared us.  We were afraid of home inspections, government control etc.  But she was not like this at all.  I was glad she was working with us.
We also learned that Hannah was doing well on increased feds! 
She is doing quite well according to the nurses! They all love Hannah and are amazed at our family and her big fan club!
11am-5pm: The kids are here for their daily visit with Hannah.  In and out of her room holding her and loving on her!  Pake got to hold Hannah for the first time!  Hannah also sucked down 1 mil of breast milk while sucking on the pacifier.  She looked around for a very long time.  It was so cute! 
2-4pm:  The Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photographer came to take photos of Hannah and her family!.  I am so thankful for these photos.  See previous post for some of the pictures taken. http://kwantfamilycorner.blogspot.com/2011/07/now-i-lay-me-down-to-sleep-pictures.html
It was a long time taking pictures. The nurse removed Hannah's NG tube and we figured I have to learn how to put it in anyway so we might as well start today.  I am glad we have nice photos of Hannah without the tube in her nose.  All the kids did well, they did exactly as the photographer told them to do!  Hannah slept through all but the last 10 minutes.  She started fussing when Terri Lynn got to hold her and then when we did the last pose of all the kids with Hannah. 
4-5pm:  The kids got go to the Christmas party down stairs.  They got to see Santa and also got a nice gift from him. (we don't do Santa but now the kids have a memory of Hannah)
While the kids were at the party, Rick and I were learning how to put the NG tube in.
6-10pm Hang with Hannah and Rick.  Thanks for Dalee we had a wonderful dinner from Wendy's!  It was delicious!
Thank you to our visitors:  Dalee and her daughter, Aunt Jill, Diane

Psalms 18:1-4

 1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
 2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
         My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
         My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
 3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
         So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Love you Hannah,  Sandra Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment