Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hanging Out at Home for the First Time, Day 9 (12/15/10)

Pake helped me hold Hannah and he was feeding her here.  Notice the bag of breast milk and the feeding pump.  My dad had a cold and he did not want Hannah to get it so that is why he has a mask on. 

Nathan is so proud to be holding her at home!  He loves his baby sister!  For all his blog posts he wants "I Love You , Hannah" on every picture of Hannah and him.

Terri Lynn is also so happy to be holding Hannah. 

Here is a picture of the Hannah wearing the head band that Cassie bought for Hannah with her own money from the hospital gift shop. 

Beppe and Hannah,  Beppe was so proud of her special grand daughter

Hannah so peaceful!

I had to include this picture.  Terri Lynn enjoying Hannah's seat.

Pake admiring his precious grand daughter. 

Terri Lynn helping Beppe change Hannah Grace's diaper!

Terri Lynn just loved helping change Hannah.  She helped about everytime that Hannah needed a diaper change.

Poopy diaper!

Cassie and Hannah!

Heidi and Hannah together!
Terri Lynn and I just admiring sweet precious Hannah!

Adjusting to My Nights at Home with Hannah
I am adjusting to having Hannah at home and her feeds and caring for all my other children and seeing I am taking care of myself. 
The first night in bed, I put Hannah on the changing table I figured it would be safe.  It was at the feet of our bed.  Well, I had not be laying in bed but 5 minutes and Hannah starts making noise.  Rick and I talked and we decided to take her in bed with me.  We figured that we will enjoy Hannah every minute we can because we are not sure how many days we will be blessed to have her.  She slept on my chest or in the cradle of my arm.  I made sure her face was not covered.  I felt comfortable doing this because I don't ever move in the night. 

My Nightly Feeding Routine
I always would set my Pampered Chef alarm for 2 1/2 hours so I would be able to wake up for her next feeding.  She was to be fed every 3 hours around the clock.  My Pampered Chef alarm was perfect because I was able to hear it. It was easy to adjust the alarm, and it could clip to my robe.  I'd get up start warming up my breast milk after I measure it and added extra calories (Enfacare) into it, get the feeding bag ready, syringe her NG tube to make sure it was in her stomach properly, get the pumping breast milk supplies ready,  get her pacifier ready, set the feeding pump to pump in the correct amount of milk, sit down with Hannah on my lap, hook up the feeding tube to her NG tube, start the feeding pump, (she would get 40 mils every 3 hours),  start the breast pump, start pumping while Hannah was being fed,  wait the 30 minutes, usually I'd watch TV or look on the computer,  when the feeding was done, unhook the NG tube from the feeding tube, turn off the breast pump, slide out from under Hannah sleeping, clean up the feeding bag,  put away my breast milk into the refrigerator, gather up Hannah and go back to bed (if she was not asleep I'd walk around bouncing her until she was asleep), reset the alarm for 2 hours, go to sleep, and start all over in a couple hours.

A Summary to our First Day at Home
My mom and dad was still here for Hannah's first day at home.  Pake and Beppe stayed a awhile today so they could enjoy sweet Hannah before they headed home. What a blessing to have them here taking care of my other children while Rick and I focused on Hannah.  They left in the afternoon this day to go home.  They were here at our home for 2 weeks.  My dad did not even mind being gone from home for that long.  He was just enjoying his special grand daughter. 
The kids all took their turn holding Hannah.  We are not doing home school right now.  I think we may start up a the beginning of the new year. 
Hannah had a great day today! 

Thank you to Kari and Ellie, and Laurie and Shannon for your visit.  It truly meant so much to us!

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Love, Sandi Kwant (Hannah's mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment