Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Journaling Hannah Day 2 (12/8/10)

Notice in this picture Hannah's head.  She had a big bump on her head.  Rick and I woke up in the morning and came to see Hannah right away and we were shocked to see the huge bump on her head.  We asked the nurses and doctors about it and  they seemed to not be not concerned at all.  I was told the bump came from birth. I think I know when it happened:  When the doctors broke my water during a contraction and Hannah fell on my pelvic bone. 
 While meeting with the doctors, nurses and all the staff that gives care to Hannah;  Rick and I showed our concern of the bump; They decided to have an ultrasound of her brain to see if any damage and to see how the cyst was doing that the ultrasound picked up while I was pregnant. 
We noticed today Hannah's hips did not move properly.  Oh well we can help her with that.  We felt like this was a minor problem. 

I started pumping breast milk today.  I was only getting drops while I pumped.  I was told to pump every 4 hours and save every drop of that "liquid gold".  I was so impressed at how the nurses all treasured every drop of my breast milk.  It took alot of work and commitment to pump milk for her.  I was totally dedicated to give her the best.  I felt breast milk was the best. 
Since Hannah pooped and peed,  she was given the permission to have milk put in her little tummy.  The nurse put an NG tube down her nose.  I was amazed at how fast the nurse got it down to her little tummy. 



Hannah's weight on Day 2:  4lbs 7oz
Hannah's nurses:  Am: Brenda, Pm: Dana


Hannah always got checked by the nurses.  It was hard to change her diaper with all the cords and IV's.  I got good at changing her diaper by the time we left the NICU.
This is Dana checking Hannah.  She was our favorite nurse in the evenings. 

Hannah's first outfit.  Beppe and Pake bought this for Hannah at the hospital gift shop.  The girls got to help Beppe pick it out.  This has remained out of my favorite outfits for Hannah to wear.



Hannah's picture taken at 4pm


She looks almost the same as the above picture.  This was taken at 10pm.

Miracles on Day 2:
1. pooped!  everything was working and now she came have breast milk!
2. ultrasound of head shows no cysts on her brain and not trouble!
3. sucked on a pacifier! 
4. got on a normal crib today, she didn't need a warming bed! She was able to keep her body temperature
5. all Hannah's siblings got to hold her! 
6. Grandma and Beppe got to hold Hannah!

Thank you to our visitor: Lisa,

 
Psalms 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd;
         I shall not want.
 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
         He leads me beside the still waters.
 3 He restores my soul;
         He leads me in the paths of righteousness
         For His name’s sake.     
 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
         I will fear no evil;
         For You are with me;
         Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.    
 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
         You anoint my head with oil;
         My cup runs over.
 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
         All the days of my life;
         And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
         Forever.

In Christ, Sandra Kwant (Hannah;s Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment