Hannah Grace

Hannah Grace
Hannah Grace

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Story of Day 3 (12/9/10)

Today when the kids came to see Hannah they brought receiving blankets they made for Hannah.  I told the kids we needed smaller blankets the ones we had were too big.  I gave them a measurement of about 24-27inches.  Guess what they did when they got home that evening from visiting Hannah.  Here is the blankets they brought.
Valerie made this all pink and polka dot blankie from Hannah all by herself

Heidi loves bright and colorful.  This blanket ended up to be really pretty. 
Cassie made this blanket (she made more but didn't take a picture of them).  This blankie also was one of my favorites because it was so soft.  Hannah's colors are here in this blankie: pink and yellow 
Beppe and Terri Lynn picked out this fabric.  Terri Lynn sat and watched Cassie make this for her.  She was so proud of it.

Nathan, too, had to make something for his baby sister.  He picked out this prefect polka dotted fabric.  He also helped Cassie make this by watching her.

I just love how Nathan is just looking at his baby sister with such tenderness

He was so happy to hold Hannah for a very long time.

Terri Lynn and Nathan are both holding Hannah.  I love how Hannah is in such peace in her siblings arms.

Terri Lynn and Hannah are so so cute!  Hannah looks so little next to Terri!  Precious baby!

First picture of her eyes open!  It took until day 3 to see her eyes!  She did not open her eyes until today.

Pastor Jon came to visit Hannah. 


Weight Day 3:  4lbs 2oz
Hannah's nurses:  Am: Jeannie, Pm: Dana

A Couple Thoughts For Today:
1. I got to do Kangaroo care today with Hannah.  I love love love Kangaroo care.  Kangaroo care is when you and your baby are skin to skin.  Hannah snuggled into my chest.  It felt so good to have Hannah so close to my skin!  You know when you have a baby in the NICU and have to lay them back into the warming bed or crib each time you have to leave, it is so hard!!!  Having to leave Hannah in the room every time you need to go to the bathroom or need to sleep or need to eat!  Then laying her back down when the nurses needed to do something or a Doctor needed to check her over,  Even when I went to bed I had to leave my baby!  I was not used to that.  Normally when I have a newborn, my baby stays with me.  I'd never leave their side.  With all this said, Kangaroo care meant so much to me!  Such closeness with my baby, made me feel like Hannah and I and my family we can get through this.  We can face whatever this Trisomy 18 makes us face.  Of course with God by our side and our strength! 
2. Hannah's bump looks so much less inflamed!  Praise God! 
3.  In Christ strength  I can learn how to put a tube down my baby's nose!  
4.  The kids love love love Hannah.  They constantly want to come see her and hold her.  They bring their lunch, eat it in the waiting room. They play card games, color books, jump around and have fun with the grandparents. 
5.  Thank you to Pastor Jon, Ian and his children, for coming to visit us and see Hannah!
Love Love Love Kangaroo care!

Hannah looks so peaceful here.  Rick loved Kangaroo care also! 

Hannah's first time in her beautiful pink gown.  She looks like a Princess. 

Doctors Words Today on Hannah:
1. No MRI needed: Her brain ultrasound was good and they did not want to expose Hannah to the germs in the other part of the hospital so they saw no need for a MRI.
2. A NG tube will be placed in her nose to feed her breast milk.  We will be increasing her breast milk amount daily and decreasing her IV feeds.
3. Once her feedings are 100% by the NG tube we will get to go home!
4. The preliminary fast results genetic test showed of Hannah's cells showed Trisomy 18.  We were a bit disappointed but we know Hannah was made exactly as God designed her.  We love her no matter what!  She is perfect in God's eyes.  We will now wait for the full genetic test.  This genetic test will be test 20-25 of Hannah's cell.  We pray at least one of the cells shows no Trisomy 18.  In the hope that  Hannah will have Mosaic Trisomy 18.  With Mosaic Trisomy 18, children do so much better and tend to live alot longer.  But not matter how her genetic tests turns out we will love her unconditionally!  We will treasure each moment we have with her! 

Exodus 15:1&2
      “I will sing to the LORD,
      For He has triumphed gloriously!
      The horse and its rider
      He has thrown into the sea!
  The LORD is my strength and song,
      And He has become my salvation;
      He is my God, and I will praise Him;
      My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.

In Christ, Sandra Kwant (Hannah's Mommy)



No comments:

Post a Comment